Seven Business Software Models
1. Traditional: Software is licensed with a one-time price. Maintenance and support carry separate charges.
2. Open source: The software is free, and support usually comes from the open-source community or a developer company.
3. Outsourcing: Offers third-party management of software for a monthly fee.
4. Hybrid: Provides traditional licensing, with service from the vendor rather than from in-house staff or value-added resellers.
5. Hybrid-plus: Software and service are provided on demand, as needed.
6. SaaS: Both software and service are offered only as online services, such as those from Salesforce.com.
7. Internet software businesses: The software is the uniqueness of the company, such as eBay and Google.