Through its Balanced Scorecard efforts, Lockheed Martin saw significant saving in three different parts of the business. A look at some of the gains.
1. IT Service Delivery
- Service Level Management/Automation. 15% productivity savings through better teaming and alignment of objectives to customer needs eliminating wasted efforts and confusion factors. SLA automation is also critical to realizing much of these savings.
- Standardized SLA Performance Reporting. 10% productivity improvement in reporting through the implementation of a standard process and tools.
- Regular Communications. 5% productivity improvement due to more effective communications.
2. IT to Business Alignment
- Business Strategy Maps. 5% cut in the number of non-essential IT initiatives through effective alignment of Enterprise Information Systems objectives to Lockheed Martin and EIS strategic vision.
- Value Propositions. 15% reduction in non essential IT products and services and associated work through effective alignment of EIS offerings to customer needs.
- Integrated Teams. 10% productivity improvement through standard teaming method that ensure alignment with EIS Strategic Maps and Business Area Visions.
- Service Offering Optimization. 10% customer productivity savings from increased use of EIS products and services.
3. Business Growth
Estimate 10% increase in Lockheed Martin business due do greater program knowledge and involvement to win/keep sold.