Home →Author →Lisa Vaas
Information about Lisa Vaas
- Full Name: Lisa Vaas
- Total Stories: 31
- Bio: Lisa Vaas is News Editor/Operations for eWEEK.com and also serves as editor of the Database topic center. Since 1995, she has also been a Webcast news show anchorperson and a reporter covering the IT industry. She has focused on customer relationship management technology, IT salaries and careers, effects of the H1-B visa on the technology workforce, wireless technology, security, and, most recently, databases and the technologies that touch upon them. Her articles have appeared in eWEEK's print edition, on eWEEK.com, and in the startup IT magazine PC Connection. Prior to becoming a journalist, Vaas experienced an array of eye-opening careers, including driving a cab in Boston, photographing cranky babies in shopping malls, selling cameras, typography and computer training. She stopped a hair short of finishing an M.A. in English at the University of Massachusetts in Boston. She earned a B.S. in Communications from Emerson College. She runs two open-mic reading series in Boston and currently keeps bees in her home in Mashpee, Mass.
Articles By This Author
- 12-13-2007 Office Workers Confess How They Let Security Slide
- 12-07-2007 Phishing Attack Hits National Labs
- 11-14-2007 Littering the Internet
- 11-02-2007 Software Glitches at Fault for Data Breaches?
- 11-01-2007 Is Word of Al-Qaeda e-Jihad Attack for Real?
- 07-24-2007 Microsoft Gets Religious About Data Anonymization
- 07-10-2007 Bug Brokers: eBay-like Bug Site Doomed
- 07-09-2007 Microsoft to Patch Critical .Net Flaw
- 06-27-2007 Why We Click
- 06-27-2007 Why We Click on Spam
- 06-22-2007 Analysts: iPhone Has Neither Security nor Relevance
- 06-21-2007 MS: Vista More Secure than Linux, Mac OS X
- 06-06-2007 How to Deploy Vista SecurityPiece by Piece
- 06-04-2007 NSA Rolls with Tech Changes to Keep Spying
- 05-24-2007 MS Goes Open Source to Boost Identity Management
- 05-22-2007 McAfee Unleashes 'Fastest Ever' 10GigE Network IPS
- 05-14-2007 DHS Employees Sue TSA over Lost Hard Drive
- 05-08-2007 Why Encryption Didn't Save TJX
- 05-04-2007 IPv6: Ready or Not
- 03-30-2007 Why Encryption Didn't Save TJX
- 03-28-2007 Corporate Sloppiness Is the Real Culprit for Data Loss, Not Vilified Hackers
- 03-19-2007 The Now-What of Losing Customer Data
- 03-11-2007 Welcome to the Spam Economy
- 03-06-2007 What's Bugging eBay?