Home →Author →Tony Kontzer
Information about Tony Kontzer
- Full Name: Tony Kontzer
- Total Stories: 68
- Bio: Tony has been writing about technology and business for nearly 20 years and currently freelances from his home in the San Francisco Bay Area. Having spent the dot-com boom and bust years in Silicon Valley, he's had a front-row seat for the evolution of the technologies that have been the foundation of IT-powered business—from the growth of client/server computing, through the birth of the commercial Internet, to the emergence of cloud computing and social media. He has been a regular contributor to CIO Insight and Baseline Magazine since 2007, and he posts frequently on CIO Insight's BizTech 3.0 blog. A 1988 graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism, Tony spends his spare time relaxing with his wife, playing with his two sons, tinkering around his home in Albany, Calif., and, when time allows, playing saxophone and traveling. His somewhat infrequent Twitter posts can be found at http://twitter.com/tkontzer.
Articles By This Author
- 01-16-2014 Shadow IT's Growing Footprint
- 05-31-2013 Visa Network’s Excess Capacity Fuels Innovation
- 04-05-2013 When to Upgrade Your Network
- 03-13-2013 Better Health Care Through APIs
- 03-06-2013 The Time for Sharing Cyber-Threat Data is Now
- 02-28-2013 Innovating at Startup Speed
- 02-11-2013 Mobility: A Tough Nut to Crack
- 10-04-2012 Unlocking Big Data in Social Technologies
- 09-25-2012 The Emerging Social Enterprise: Dreamforce 2012
- 07-30-2012 Top CIO Challenges: Cloud, BYOD, Big Data
- 04-13-2012 Gartner's Global SaaS Spending Report: Plenty of Room for Growth
- 01-31-2012 Managing Mobility in the Enterprise
- 12-22-2011 Five Questions to Answer Before You Commit IT Budget Dollars
- 12-22-2011 2012 IT Investments: Leading CIOs Share Their Plans
- 11-01-2011 Social Media, Mobility Worth More Than Money for Young Workers
- 10-26-2011 Should IT Jettison the BlackBerry?
- 09-20-2011 Are You a Revolutionary CIO?
- 08-22-2011 GRC in the Cloud
- 08-22-2011 GRC: 7 Questions to Ask Your Cloud Service Provider
- 05-06-2011 Business Intelligence: Meet the Data Wranglers
- 05-06-2011 Business Intelligence: Five Tips for Managing Data
- 03-17-2011 Analysis: Where Now, Trusty Mainframe?
- 02-28-2011 What You'll Pay for IT Talent in 2011
- 02-22-2011 Gartner's 10 Mobile Apps to Watch
- 01-07-2011 Your Cloud Checklist for 2015