Government Slideshow: Virtualized BureaucracyBy Ericka Chickowski | Posted 06-19-2009
1. Almost three-fourths of federal IT managers believe that virtualization is integral to improved efficiency in IT operations and reduced costs......but just one-fifth report that their agencies are using virtualization to its fullest extent.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 2
2. Approximately 79% of those surveyed reported that their agency has started implementation of any sort of virtualization.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 3
3. Top benefits of virtualization cited by survey respondents included:- reduced capital and operating costs - improved continuity of operations - improved network security - better utilization and capacity management
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 4
4. Close to 60% of those surveyed reported implementing server virtualization.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 5
5. Just over 50% say they've started using storage virtualization.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 6
6. Just under half of federal IT managers have adopted client virtualization.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 7
7. Of those who have started to virtualize infrastructure, just half of them say their implementations have succeeded.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 8
8. Federal IT managers cited the following as obstacles to virtualization success:- poor education of IT staff on virtualization staff (42%) - budget difficulties (41%) - staff training on virtualization management (39%)
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 9
9. Approximately 67% of agencies who reported that their IT department was staffed and trained to migrate to and manage a virtualization environment had successful implementations.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 10
10. 22% of agencies with training deficiencies experienced successful implementations.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 11
11. About 62% of IT managers who rated their CIO with an A or B for virtualization proficiency reported successful implementations.
Virtualized Bureaucracy - Page 12
12. 34% of those who rated their CIOs with C, D, or F grades successfully implemented virtualization.