Security Slideshow: Securing Smaller CompaniesBy Ericka Chickowski | Posted 11-11-2009
Securing Smaller Companies
1. Two-thirds of those polled are more concerned with external threats than internal; 24% are equally concerned; just 9% are more concerned about internal threats.
Securing Smaller Companies - Page 2
2. 21% said security spending is less likely to be cut than other projects, and another 38% rated security the same as other areas; 21% of respondents make minimal security investments, leaving no real scope for cuts.
Securing Smaller Companies - Page 3
3. Of 11 threat vectors discussed, two categories stood out: 53% are very concerned about accidental data corruption, and 51% are concerned about Web-borne malware attacks.
Securing Smaller Companies - Page 4
4. 95% of respondents have installed antivirus technology and 56% have access control capabilities for portable storage devices.
Securing Smaller Companies - Page 5
5. Only 47% have the means to monitor and filter HTTP traffic.
Securing Smaller Companies - Page 6
6. Just over 33% have any kind of e-mail retention and storage policies.
Securing Smaller Companies - Page 7
7. 67% of respondents use Web filtering against virus downloads and blended attacks; 55% use Web filtering to prevent illegal or unacceptable Web browsing; 51% filter to manage and control Internet use.