Data Center Cloud Computing Category
Remember when organizations once feared the public cloud? If only because they were concerned about data security? Well, no longer, as the vast majority of companies have migrated to the public cloud and expect to boost their presence there in the immediate future,
Hyatt Hotels has turned to a cloud system to implement a more advanced training and development framework that includes mobile and social capabilities. Read More >
While IT and many organizations are in the midst of an unprecedented explosion in data-gathering, a new study finds that only 15 percent of all stored data contains business-critical information. The remaining 85 percent is either dark, meaning its value is unknown, redundant, obsolete or trivial. The reason, according to the... Read More >
While the vast majority of CIOs, tech managers and IT professionals said cloud deployment factors greatly into long-term business strategies, most do not expect to migrate all of their company's infrastructure to the cloud, according to a recent survey from SolarWinds. The resulting "
Cloud computing spend grew 20 percent last year, but security of critical data and systems remain key issues and barriers to adopting cloud services. As a result, cloud security concerns are rising as investment in it grows, according to a new report by Crowd Research Partners, but that's not stopping companies from using the cloud. The study, "2016 Cloud Security Spotlight Report," was... Read More >
A notable number of IT security professionals said a corporate mindset that current measures are “good enough” presents a major obstacle in the pursuit of new security initiatives, according to a recent survey from CompTIA. The resulting report, titled “Practices of Security... Read More >
The transition from only a handful of monolithic systems to a more disparate ecosystem of applications has made cloud integrations more challenging. Read More >
It's important to have a plan in place to protect against the most common threats to your cloud infrastructure. Understanding your vulnerabilities by thinking like an attacker and mapping your defenses to the cyber kill chain can go a long way in protecting your organization. Taking preventive actions will result in an early warning against the most common threats and help you identify a... Read More >
Ravi Pendse is a CIO who also teaches students, and his quest to make Brown University a leader in tech use has shaped how technology anchors the digital classroom. Read More >
Most businesses have shifted from on-premise infrastructures to hybrid IT environments, creating a dual mandate for IT professionals: increase efficiency through cloud services and ensure that critical systems, databases and applications are secure, according to a new survey. "Cloud adoption is nearly ubiquitous, but it's not now and... Read More >
Of all industries, the financial services industry is the most exposed to risk in the cloud, according to a new report. Not surprisingly, security awareness is higher in technology firms, with most saying excessive sharing of data in the cloud is a top cyber-security concern. Conducted by the security intelligence arm of CloudLock, the report, titled "
More than 65% of enterprise IT organizations committed to hybrid cloud technologies by the end of 2015, vastly driving the rate and pace of change in IT organizations, according to IDC. The key business drivers for public cloud adoption include greater agility, faster time to market, disaster recovery, business... Read More >
A new study finds an increase in IT security incidents since last year (no surprise there) and a boost in security budgets this year (certainly a nice surprise). The PwC study also revealed a greater adoption of security frameworks, and the use of cloud-based security services. The study, "The Global State of Information Security Survey 2016,"... Read More >
A large software company that lacked a coherent cloud strategy found out the hard way that its employees were racking up $1 million per month on unchecked cloud services. Read More >
Traditional programming methods and application development platforms are too slow, too expensive and are fraught with miscommunications, according to a new survey. That's driving enterprises to seek a better ROI in application development and delivery through so-called "citizen developers." Because customizing applications often requires costly hand-coded programming, companies are using these... Read More >