Project Management: Creating the Right Team
EUC with HCI: Why It Matters
- Forming -- when you assemble the players and define structure, goals, values and purpose.
- Storming -- when the manager allows relationships to build to encourage interaction and innovation.
- Norming -- which requires the manager to take teams to the next stage of involvement, to communicate and affirm project processes and allow members to emerge as a unified team.
- Performing -- where a team should essentially be on autopilot, achieving required tasks routinely with minimal management intervention.
- Adjourning -- when the manager and team focus on final evaluation, review and closure. The team should now feel rewarded/motivated by feelings of achievement and self-actualization.
It's also essential not to overlook generational transfer. It's important to have a plan to retain knowledge when you top tech talent departs. Every person who leaves an organization takes project "history" with him/her. Proactive mentorship to pass along knowledge from experienced employees to new ones is needed to keep a "best project practices" culture in-house.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...