Transforming Banks for a Digital Future: The Winners, The Losers, and the Strategies to Beat the Odds
The state and complexity of the organization's existing systems infrastructure arguably has the greatest impact on the complexity and associated level of effort. Even if the business model is global in nature, the governance model is properly aligned, and the data is future-state ready, technology infrastructure issues can derail the transformation project. System disparity is typical for companies that have grown through acquisition since these organizations have the highest level of system diversity.
Companies that have grown organically with a common system landscape have a lower level of complexity in this area. Regardless, without a thorough infrastructure assessment, an organization can spend unnecessary resources and capital making incremental changes to the remaining feeding systems to meet the needs of the new global system well into the future. Developing an architecture landscape helps the organization understand how your technology supports your operations. Consider the following infrastructure readiness questions:
- How does your current IT architecture house and support your data?
- What are your core (business critical) systems?
- How complex and diverse is your legacy landscape?
- How accurate and current are your documentation and operation guides?
- How mature are your service delivery and support processes (ITIL)?
- What are the volume and validity of the current data?
- Does your IT strategy differ from country to country?
- What percentage of your IT is outsourced versus housed internally?
You may encounter different, and potentially conflicting, motivations during your discussions of future system infrastructure. For example, a global CIO and a local CIO will have very different agendas for how to support an IT infrastructure.
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...