Teradata Buys Cloud-Service Marketing Firm eCircle
Enterprise analytics and data center software maker Teradata (NYSE:TDC) May 2 said it is acquiring Munich-based eCircle, a regional provider of cloud-based digital marketing services.
Financial details of the transaction were not released.
Teradata said it will combine its analytics with its Aprimo integrated marketing management to work hand-in-hand with eCircle's digital messaging solution to create a new suite of marketing software and services.
This new package will enable marketers worldwide "to create integrated customer experiences across online and offline channels that leverage Big Data insights to grow existing customers, attract new customers and increase revenues," Teradata EMEA President Hermann Wimmer said.
Components of the combined Teradata, Aprimo and eCircle offering will include:
- integrated marketing management that provides access to all marketing applications from the cloud -- including digital, campaign and operational;
- the ability to easily create targeted, personalized digital campaigns in compliance with security and privacy regulations;
- a digital messaging platform for social, mobile, Web and email that can scale to support hundreds of billions of messages a year;
- multichannel data management, advanced segmentation and optimization;
- access to digital marketing services such as messaging, content creation, best practices and lead generation delivered by Aprimo digital marketing experts;
- big data analytics from Teradata and Teradata Aster that turns content from social, mobile, Web and email channels into actionable insights; and
- unified reporting.
Digital marketers will also have the option to use the eCircle solution as a stand-alone offering, Teradata said.
The completion of the transaction, which is subject to applicable regulatory clearances and other customary closing conditions, is expected to occur in the second quarter of 2012, Teradata said. eCircle will be integrated into Aprimo yet maintain its current business operations and continue to fully support its customer base once the acquisition is complete.