- What are Ziff Davis Email Newsletters?
Ziff Davis email Newsletters bring you reliable, timely information directly to your email inbox. There is no cost and no risk to subscribe to these high-quality updates.
- I'm not receiving any Newsletters. What's wrong?
There are several reasons why you may not be receiving any newsletters:
- The email address you provided isn't current. We may be sending your newsletter to an old email address.
- We are having difficulties sending email to the address you provided. If we are unable to deliver your email messages to the address you've provided, we will automatically suspend the newsletters going to that address.
- Your newsletter(s) may be scheduled to mail every two weeks instead of weekly or daily.
- Your newsletter subscriptions may be part of a magazine subscription order; this kind of newsletter subscription order takes longer to process (if you like, sign up directly on the site)
- Common email delivery problems
Sometimes email messages are not successfully delivered, which results in the email being returned to Ziff Davis. This is called an email "bounceback." If messages sent to a particular email address repeatedly bounce back, we automatically suspend all newsletters going to that address.
Emails "bounceback" commonly because the address is not valid. To check the email address we have on file for you, go to the "My Account" section and make any appropriate changes.
- How do I change the email addresses you have on file for me?
If you a registered site user, you'll have to sign-in first and then change your email address from within the "My Account" section.
If you are not a registered user, but have signed up for a newsletter from this site you can change your email address on the Newsletters Management page.
- The newsletters I received are unreadable. What's wrong?
You probably received email formatted in HTML, but your email program doesn't support HTML. There are two ways to fix this:
- Use an email program that supports HTML, such as Microsoft's Outlook Express.
- Change the format of your newsletters on the Newsletters Management page by selecting the Text box next to each newsletter you subscribe to.
- How do I change the Text/HTML format of my newsletters?
Change the format of your newsletters on the Newsletters Management page by selecting either the Text or the HTML box next to each newsletter you subscribe to, then click "Save Changes." Format change requests take 48 hours to process.
- Why am I receiving multiple copies of the same newsletter.
Servers or routers -- in this case the servers or routers used by you to send and receive email and the servers and routers used by us to send and receive email -- sometimes miscommunicate due to a temporary problem or overload, and random subscribers receive multiple copies of the same newsletter. Simply delete the extra copies. Receiving mulitple newsletters should not be a regular problem. If it is, consider unsubscribing and then resubscribing with a different email account that utilizes a different server/router.
- How long does it take to unsubscribe?
Ziff Davis requires up to 48 hours to process unsubscribe requests. You may receive one or more newsletters even after you have unsubscribed.
- How do I unsubscribe?
Enter your My Account area or the Newsletters Management page, unmark the boxes next to the newsletters you are subscribed to, and click "Save Changes."
This article was originally published on 11-08-2001