New iPadBy Don Reisinger | Posted 05-04-2012
During Q4 2012, devices running Apple's iOS platform accounted for 80 percent of all devices activated by Good Technology's enterprise customers. The remaining 20 percent were running Android.
Apple's iPhone accounted for 73.9 percent of all smartphone activations among Good Technology customers in Q1 2012. Android smartphones accounted for 26.1 percent of activations.
Apple's iPad accounted for 97.3 percent of all tablet activations among Good's customers, easily besting Android's 2.7 percent of activations in Q1 2012.
Apple's Siri-equipped iPhone 4S was the most popular Apple smartphone activation among Good's enterprise customers in Q1 2012, accounting for 37 percent of all smartphone activations for the period.
Apple's iPad 2 was easily the most popular tablet for enterprise users in January and February, but its adoption fell off in March. Wondering why? The new iPad started to cannibalize its predecessor's adoption.
The handful of Good Technology customers that do permit the use of Android devices in the enterprise report that the Google mobile OS accounts for 28 percent of the mobile devices they activated in Q1 2012.
Among Android devices activated, the Motorola Droid reigns among Good's customers in Q1 2012, outpacing second-place competitor the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Where Mobility is Hot
Customers in the financial services field were most likely to activate either iOS or Android-based devices during Q1 2012, accounting for 36.1 percent of all mobile device activations during the period.
Customers in the business and professional services sector accounted for 17 percent of all mobile device activations in Q1 2012.
Shoulda Been in Pictures
Although the iPhone is shown all over movies, television shows and in commercials, customers in entertainment and media sector were least likely to adopt iOS and Android during the Q1 2012.
Total mobile device activations by Good customers in Q1 2012 increased 50 percent compared with 4Q 2012 fourth quarter, and were double those seen in the previous two quarters combined.