dcsimg
 

Conclusion 03

By Terry Kirkpatrick  |  Posted 07-01-2001 Print Email

WEBINAR:
Live

The New Reality for Customer Engagement


Date: 5/31/2018 @ 1 p.m. ET

Conclusion 03

If you're like the CIOs in our survey and you're considering a CRM project, get ready for a few realities. Like anything designed to change the way we work with customers, CRM isn't cheap, fast or easy.

Respondents 'average expenditure for their CRM installation was $1.9 million ($2.7 million for larger companies, $650,000 for smaller companies). Of those expenditures, CIOs are shelling out major dollars for services as well as the technology components:65 percent of the typical project 's costs comprise such services as business-needs consulting, integration services, applications development and training, with the remaining 35 percent going toward products.

For older CRM projects, the average cost was a little more than $1.5 million, but for new projects, respondents said their average project cost was more than $2.4 million. Why the difference? The newer systems are more ambitious and are being deployed into more complex environments, making hurdles more likely.



 

Submit a Comment

Loading Comments...
eWeek eWeek

Have the latest technology news and resources emailed to you everyday.

By submitting your information, you agree that cioinsight.com may send you cioinsight offers via email, phone and text message, as well as email offers about other products and services that cioinsight believes may be of interest to you. cioinsight will process your information in accordance with the Quinstreet Privacy Policy.

Click for a full list of Newsletterssubmit