Cutting costs and increasing efficiency are paramount as the economy continues to suffer.
1. Move work offshore or nearshore
2. Use managed services and offshore staff augmentation models
3. Use remote infrastructure management
4. License consolidation of productivity tools
5. Consolidate headcount around business functions
6. Refocus the most costly resources
7. Defer projects
8. Renegotiate rates to drive out unnecessary overhead
9. Engage the business side of the house to take on additional testing
10. Consider environment consolidation and virtualization
After the jump, more detail on each technique.
This article was originally published on 02-09-2009
IT Solutions Builder TOP IT RESOURCES TO MOVE YOUR BUSINESS FORWARD
Which topic are you interested in?
What is your company size?
What is your job title?
What is your job function?
Searching our resource database to find your matches...